Project title: R.I.O.T. (Revindicating Identity Over Time)
Dates: 2 - 9 October 2021
Location: Alezio (Lecce), Puglia, Italy
Costs: Food and accommodation 100% free and fully covered by the project.
Travel costs maximum amount reimbursed: € 275,00
Participants needed: 5 motivated participants resident in MALTA: 4 young people aged 18-30 years + 1 person over 18 years old with no age limit.
Participating Countries: Italy, Malta, Romania, Slovenia, Greece, Ireland, Bulgaria and Spain.
The project R.I.O.T. (Revindicating Identity Over Time)” will gather together participants from 8 EU countries, in order to analyze and know better the LGBTQIA* universe, by mapping the situation in different countries of the world, by fighting discrimination and stereotypes, by using the spirit of active citizenship to claim the recognition of LGBT+ rights in all the EU countries, by stimulating more awareness on the best practices of activism.
The project is based on the fundamental EU value to “combat social exclusion and discrimination, and shall promote social justice and protection, equality between women and men, solidarity between generations and protection of the rights of the child” (art. 3 of the Treaty on EU).
Topic of the project: LGBTQIA+ rights, Creativity and culture, Gender equality / equal opportunities, Inclusion - equity
Aims of the project:
- to promote European and democratic values, active citizenship, non-formal education and human rights for fighting prejudices and all the attitudes legitimating exclusion and marginalization;
- to promote the knowledge of human rights by defending the juridical recognition of the members of the LGBTQUIA+ community;
- to promote more awareness to LGBTQUIA+ issue and to map stereotypes and ideologies on sexual orientation and gender issues;
- to address the problem of prejudices related to sexual orientation in different geo/social contexts;
- to professionalize Youth Workers on LGBTQUIA+ issues and non-formal methodologies for approaching the topic;
- to provide the necessary tools for creating a social media campaign on LGBT+ rights realized with creativity;
- to provide useful tools for young people to identify, raise awareness and report different types of discrimination on sexual orientation and gener issues within their local communities;
- to explore at grassroots level the causes and concepes of homotransphobia and general discrimination;
- to examine the current situation and the risks that young people may face today, in particular the young LGBTQUIA+ people.
Looking forward to hear from you!