People is an Volunteering Activity / European Voluntary Service project to be held in Italy on the issues of integration and EU citizenship.
The project involves 2 volunteers aged 18-27 years from Spain.
SEYF is currently managing a Cultural Centers and Centers for Refugees in the province o Lecce.
The project idea is to promote good practices of integration through the use of intercultural dialogue and cultural expression: this will happen by collecting stories of local minorities, setting up activities for fostering integration between Community and migrants and, in the meanwhile, for stimulating a wider sense of EU citizenship among the local community.
- To stimulate a more European cultural environment into the community of z through the creation of intercultural activities;
- To build interactive informative moments for fostering a stronger sense of European Citizenship within the young local community;
- To support local and international movement of opinion for the promotion of Human Rights and Youth Rights, through practices easily replicable.
* Accommodation, food and transport arrangements:
- TRAVEL: travel costs are covered until a maximum of 275,00 € per participant from Spain. Local transport for arriving to Lecce is covered by SEYF;
- FOOD & ACCOMMODATION: SEYF will host the volunteers in a flat in Lecce. The accommodation will assure good living conditions (private rooms, equipped kitchen and bathroom, heating system, running cold/ hot water, Wi-Fi). They will receive a monthly lump sum amount for food.
- INSURANCE: participants will be covered for free by European insurance Cigna.
- POCKET MONEY: 150 euro/month to the volunteer for additional personal expenses, issued monthly.
* Training during the opportunity:
- TRAINING: participants will attend specific training session organized foreseen in the Erasmus+ Programme.
- ITALIAN LESSONS: will be provided through Online Linguistic Support (provided by the Erasmus+ Program).
- WORKING PROGRAMME: 30 hours/week + Italian Classes, party, fun.
Timetable is flexible and adapted to the Center’ schedule. There are 2 free days/week and a total of 12 days of vacation in the project. Any change/plan can be discussed in advance with volunteers.
* Opportunity topics:
- Eu citizenships
* Hosting Organization:
South Europe Youth Forum
* Project City:
* Project dates:
15th January 2019 – 16th October 2019
* Number of volunteers:
2 (from Spain)
* Volunteer profile:
-18/27 years old;
- active, openminded, creative, responsible, motivated, able to work in multicultural teams, tolerant;
- genuine interest in learning to work with young people and minorities, non-formal activities, interculturality, traditions and cultural customs and other similar topics and be willing to learn and expand their skills;
- Any experience and/or educations in non-formal education, communication or animation skills and artistic/digital competences (basic, not professional) will be a plus so be sure to mention them in your CV/motivation letter. (However this is not a main selection criteria).
- To show willingness to learn and see their EVS experience as a learning process.
-Basic level of English;
Any other language would be welcomed.
* Countries volunteers will be recruited from:
* How to apply:
1. Fill the form: https://goo.gl/forms/Y9BUXOUmBgokSiv13
We will soonly contact you in order to make a video-interview.
* Contact email address:
* Contact telephone number:
+393289771014 (also WhatsApp if needed).
* Useful links:
* the project on The European Youth Portal: https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity/placement/9087_en
* our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/seyf.lecce